Sunday, September 26, 2010

Feeling the Sunday Night Blues

It's Sunday night and I don't have much creative energy. Not much energy at all actually, and my right thigh hurts in a place I can't stretch out. It's like it's deeper in my muscle. I did shave 1 ½ minutes off my time tonight. I knew when I was running that it felt good and felt like I was going faster. Now I want to start adding on to the distance, but I like my route right now. Especially going through the cemetery. My husband laughed when he got in the car because the odometer was set to “trip” and I have an old envelope in the car with a bunch of notes and numbers on it.
My ipod was dead the other night so I went running without it. I dreaded it because when I first started running a few months ago, I didn't use my ipod and all I could hear was my feet pounding and my heavy breathing (and gasping). But this time I was surprised that my breathing was pretty regular, my feet were lighter, and it was actually really nice to have a run with some quiet time. I may do it more often.
Brodie is playing soccer and Jillian is helping the coach out (it's K-3, and she's in 4th grade). After practice tonight Brodie wanted to come home and play more. He said “I like soccer. It's fun!!” He didn't want to play when I had first mentioned it. The new cleats we got yesterday helped too. 
As usual, this week end went too, too fast. I didn't get to make the apple crisp I wanted to for Steve's parents. Oh well, at least this week looks a little less busy than the past few. No Bangor appointments this week, yay!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. When the ipod is not working, running can be dreadful. I have to have dance music on; the miles go by quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never run with an iPod. I bought one last year, downloaded a bunch of songs and have not used it once! I love the sounds I hear around me. The dogs thrashing through the woods. The animals scurrying off as the dogs approach. The partridge they flush flying off to the next tree. The flowing stream. It probably makes a difference where you run. My dirt road is so quiet and I love it that way. Sounds like you'll be ready for a race before you know it-is that your goal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I wish I had a dirt road to run on! I run right in town, but it is peaceful in the cemetery I run through. Sometime I shut off my ipod through there; I know what you mean about enjoying the sounds of nature.
    A race? Maybe. I haven't run for 4 nights because of a pulled muscle and I am so afraid I will just stop running! It's hard to let it heal.

    ReplyDelete